Eric’s challenge was.. 5 useless facts about me.
K. Should be very very easy. As opposed to 5 useful facts.. that would be really hard.
1) I’ve had at least one tank of tropical fish since I was 12 years old. Love the fish tanks. Alot. To much.. would it be for the calming influence of my bride of 24 years I’d have about 5 tanks going. Today I have just 2.
2) I’ve been to every important religious shrine that has anything to do with the birth and life of Jesus. From Bethlehem and the church of the Nativity, to Nazareth and Church of the Holy Family, to the site of the Sermon on the Mount, to the River Jordan, to the ruins of the some of the oldest Synagogues in the world on the shores of the Sea of Galilee, where chances are good that Jesus preached in his day. And, finally to the Garden to Gethsemane and Church of All Nations, along the Via De La Rosa, past the traditional stations of the cross, marked on the walls of the path to the Church of the Holy Sepulcher, built on the hill Galgotha where Jesus was crucified, and then the cave and where his body lay for three days… basically the entire Christian bible, and I’ve done most of these spots twice. I thought it was odd that I was the only Jewish kid on a Christian tour of the “Holy Land”. Why? It was the cheapest tour I could get from Stockton California.
3) I can impress my kids still with my prowess at Frisbee. I can throw a disc four different ways, balance one on my finger, catch it under my knee… I rock at Frisbee. I do not rock at Frisbee golf. The discs are too damn hard and heavy and you have to walk to find them.
4) I was a member of the California State Honor Choir. I was in my high schools Honor Choir, Chamber Ensemble, Barbershop Chorale and a Quartet. I sang alot. I dont’ sing any more.. which is sort of too bad.
5) I used to play golf. Alot. I hated golf. I hated that it took the better part of a weekend day to play. By the 9th hole I was thinking of other things I’d rather be doing than playing golf. I sucked at golf too. The more I played… the worse I got. The worse I got, the more I played. My brother in law cheats at golf, A LOT. When you call him out he gets pissed. That made it less fun. I hit an Eagle on a 190 yard Par Three in Florida and got stuck paying for everyones drinks in the bar. I turned in the tour card after that. Stupid game.