I swear to G=d, if see that smug Mac dude ever step in front of my car I’m going to run his ass over! I’m 4 months into my MAC experience, here’s what I have to report.
1) Compared to Vista… the mac is just as bad.. worse. The worse part is I haven’t the foggiest idea what to do when it does go down. Which BTW is once a week or so. I’ve had to cold restart the dang thing at least twice a week. This weeks fun, my email stopped sending… I have no idea why, I deleted my accounts and reset them up to NO avail. I can’t send an email through mail. ARFLSKF
2) Supporting software is buggy. I bought Adobe Elements. Matter of fact you could argue that Adobe Elements was one of the main reason I bought the damn machine. So far I have yet to be able to import a picture into Elements. So far all my editing has been.. back on my Vista machine. That’s been pretty aggravating. Ironically the only software that works well is….. microsoft office. Ironic I say that their competitor works better on their machines then they do.
3) Cost- you pay 2X for everything on a mac. Which I sort of justified because I bought the line that it was all going to work the first time. Well, it did work the first time, then it started breaking for some reason and now I’m worse off than I ever was with the Vista laptop.
4) Applecare- this has been the biggest disappointment of all. I paid $100.00 for premium service. Here’s what I got; long waits on the phone, longer calls, suggestions that I bring the machine into a store, and the worse part… 8:00 to 8:00pm hours. Not 24 hours? Are you f’n kidding me? You can’t staff a center in Bangalore with service people?
5) Itunes- Why in the hell is the world so damn enamored with ITunes? It’s a rip off. Napster is a fall better deal, the quality is better, the prices are lower and you have a rental option to fill your MP3 player with out paying per song. ITunes? Bend over ’cause your going to have to do it Apple’s way or no way. Jeez, they’ve become what they used to claim the be the alternative too, they’ve become the Big Bad Company..
In hindsight, I have an overpriced toy that has yet to do a days work. In addition performance has declined over time to the point where the machine isn’t good for much as it is. I’ll wind up taking into the store and getting it fixed and we’ll be back up I’m sure.. but the bottom line is.. it’s not even close to the PC. It’s about the same from a stability standpoint, only I paid twice as much for it.